Wednesday, June 16, 2010


Well, I was going to rhapsodize about Hood strawberries (similar to the Marionberry in level of native Oregonian seasonal specialness), until I found that everybody in Portland already has, from area bloggers to the president of my favorite grocery store. Everybody's talking about them. "You haven't had a strawberry until you've..." Anyway, tonight, I'm eating them.

This evening I stayed home, resisting the weekly wine tasting at Ten-01...three ageworthy wines from Oregon, Italy and Burgundy, each at their drinking peak of about 10 years old... but I found out about it when I already had a bag full of produce from today's farmers market. So I made this salad of arugula, Hood strawberries, parmesan, and a dollop of fresh pesto on top that I whipped up in my roommate's magical mini-Cuisinart. This salad, drizzled with a little balsamic and good olive oil, paired with a glass or two from a $6 of Rosso from TJ's completely validated the decision to stay in. Mangia!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've satisfied the craving! And there's so much more goodness to come…can't wait!

    ReplyDelete