Wednesday, November 24, 2010


11:30 a.m., Thanksgiving eve. Sitting here at work, rapidly bouncing from one website to another (partly working, partly surfing). My mind goes from the task at hand to...turkey-stuffing-appetizer-which appetizer?-green goddess dressing- fresh vegetables-kauai-table-decor-friends in Hawaii-flowers-dessert-cooking-work-sunshine-snow-travel. Anyway, I somehow end up going from Bon Appetit (printed version on my desk, online version on my screen) to Design Sponge. I see this beautiful thing, head pieces that look like haku leis. Made by a lady in Sydney. Flowers and creativity. I think of my Kauaians, my flower girls - Mele and the Blaichs (love in kilauea), Moana in Mexico, mama Leah with Zion in the Palolo jungle. I am thankful for all of you, and I miss you on this holiday eve. I hold you all in my heart right now.
And, I wish I could've sent you all some of those flowers up there, from the market in Chiang Mai.

No comments:

Post a Comment